Re: gas out

Chris Emery wrote:

> Dancing on a volcano, Otherone at aol_com said:
>  He has gorged himself in their blood and he should be killed!
>
> Oh, spare me the melodrama.  The KLA (Kosovo Liberation Army) is just
> as responsible for the war as Milosevic.

Well, I step out here... now. I have read everything. might track back and reply
to a  couple of other things. but I had to respond. i can't sit back silent... A
lot of what everyone said was great, great thoughts... but here's the thing. Why
not ask the people involved? I am not trying to brush things off. But I have seen
faces. There have been people saying taht the Albanians would do the same thing if
they were strong enough. And that may be true. But they aren't strong enough and
as it stands right now they are being massacred, thrown out of town (given 5
minutes to gather anyone/anything they would possible take) and threatened with
their lives even as they leave as grenades are being thrown into the middle of
them. all in the name of 'ethnic cleansing'... simply put, what is happening to
the Serbian Albanian people is wrong. I would say the same if any people group is
in this position...

For those wondering, it's KOSLOVAR :-) this is one simple thing I have learned in
the past couple of weeks.

And Chris, you are right. the KLA is just as responsible... and Otherone... I
forget your name, sorry, you are right to feel angry, but the solution is NOT to
kill Milosovic. It just doesn't end there as much as you would like it to all be
over... This is a deep rooted thing. not something that sprung up only here and
now. and it's not just with Yugoslavia. it includes all the baltic nations and
some others as well. It deals with every people group in this area. (example, in
Romania the romanians hate the hungarians (who are a majority as well in our
population) and the Gypsies. the hungarians hate the romanians and the gypsies.) A
lot of it stems from religous problems... you don't need a history, so I will move
on... If you want more I can give it.

But regardless, killing M. will not help the situation, it will only postpone it
once more. and as much as you disagree, M. is also a human, and his live is
valuable as well.. What he is doing is wrong. and he WILL be judged for those
things. BUT we aren't the judge.

Let's see, will I say more??? [pondering] Yes, we need to be involved. but not
just to come in and blow the other guys away. And we need to realize that the
Koslovar refugees don't have it good. Get real people. most don't even have all
their families. they aren't even known  by a name so how in the heck are you going
to find family members? They are dying, etc. And seeing the faves and hearing the
stories I have heard this far I would sincerely doubt that the last people were
being taken to the border peacefully by convoys... a lot don't want to leave thier
homes at all. so all those people were forced out of their homes with no
belongings for starters.

hmmm. I suppose I should quit now. I hope something I said challenged you.

Amy