RE: wake and smell the fucking coffee (Re: gas out)

Kyle wrote:

"  And to prove to the cynics that,
yes, USA will use its military, even when no oil interest is involved.
Secondly,   the Balkans can be a flash point for something much bigger, and
if we can contain it to a regional crisis before it spreads across borders,
then it is the wise thing to do."

I was in agreement with you until this point. The reason the US is over
there is *purely* because the Balkans are a 'flash point'. The US may claim
"moral duty" but the fact is that they stood back and watched thousands get
slaughtered in Rowanda without taking significant action. There are tons of
moral attrocities in Africa and the rest of the world that the US does not
give a rip about. I agree that we should strive for justice outside of our
walls. But this war in the Balkans has nothing to do with justice and
everything to do with self interest.