wake and smell the fucking coffee (Re: gas out)

Ok, I've had enough of this crap.  Are people just stupid or is it that we
just can't carry a thought to its logical conclusion any more?  Or maybe its
just the typical American provincial view point at work.  Isolationism is
never the answer, if history is anything to go by.   Why do people think,
just because its happening somewhere else,  that we should not concern
ourselves with it?  Are we really that selfish for us to condone horrific
deeds just because they are not happening in this country?   Does the
concern for our fellow men (and women) stop at the artificial national
borders?

 I personally believe what is wrong is wrong. It doesn't matter if it is
happening next door or the next continent over.  and if we can do something
about it, we should.  For one thing, it is the morally RIGHT thing to do,
yes, i said the RIGHT thing to do.  And that should mean something.  If it
doesn't, what does that say about you?  And to prove to the cynics that,
yes, USA will use its military, even when no oil interest is involved.
Secondly,   the Balkans can be a flash point for something much bigger, and
if we can contain it to a regional crisis before it spreads across borders,
then it is the wise thing to do.  Once it spreads, its going to take much
more lives and equipment to deal with it.  And for those misguided people
out there, arrogance is not the cause that we are over there.  with the down
fall of the USSR, we are the only super power left in the world, whether we
like it or not.  AND with great power comes great responsibility.  For us to
do nothing is like us announcing to the world that we no longer cared what's
going on, and we are just another post World War II  Great Britain, a washed
up has been, a former world power.

Evil must be opposed, and all it takes for evil to flourish is for good
people to do nothing, and ethnic cleansing fits my definition of an evil
deed.  But  i guess doing the right thing doesn't mean much these days
anymore to most people.    To take a page out of history, had the allies
opposed Nazi Germany's invasion of the Sudetenland (it was a part of
Czechslovakia), maybe WWII wouldn't have happened.  Historians have been
debating such what if topics for the last 40 years.  And this time when we
have the chance to do something about it, and are doing it, all I hear is
belly aching about how its not our problem.  When does it becomes our
problem?  When two countries are involved, maybe three?  Or is it going to
take a whole continent going up in flames...?

The least we can do is not complain about our country and the political
leadership trying to do the right thing, for once.

kyle