dying for another man (was Re: gas out)

In a message dated 4/15/99 10:58:10 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
jnedsfox at moody_edu writes:

> No greater thing can a man do than lay down his life for another man.  Is
>  this what we're doing?  Why or why not?

what an absolutely depressing string (thread...i'm teasing, mr. emery)...

i must admit that i don't know as much about this situation as i should.  i
don't watch the news, so i rely on other forms of media to get my information.

as a twist on this whole thing, i am taking jnf's question out of context.
it would be easy for me to say that i would take a bullet for anyone i wanted
to mention.

yeah, jg, if i see you about to get gunned down, i'd jump in front of you and
take the bullet for you.

see how easy that was?

now, i think the easiest part of that statement was the fact that i am
guessing that neither of us will be put in such a situation as to make good
of my statement.

there really *are* people i would die for.  but they don't know that.  and
you guys probably think i'm just a silly girl spouting off about something
she doesn't understand.

so, why is america overseas, blowing up people who may or may not deserve to
die?

i don't know.  i guess america wants to show off the fact that they're
willing to die for another man.  he's stuck up and arrogant enough to want to
do something like that.

np:  ani difranco  _dilate_
*hugz and kisses*
jessyka