Nick Cave request fulfilled (no OtR)

Good Sir Fox the Joshua of Neds hath requested i post this true gem from Nick
Cave:
> > "Out of sorrow entire worlds have been built,
>  > out of longing, great wonders have been willed"
>  > Nick Cave - (are you) the one I've been waiting for?
>
>  What a great lyric.
>
>  Which album is this from?
>
>  Could you post the rest of the lyrics for this song?

i will gladly post this. if anyone has any Nick Cave questions / requests for
lyrics in the future, i will grinningly respond, off-line. Nick is truly one
of the more prolific writers i've read or heard, his writings range from
romantic to full blood rage. i've been listening, reading, and studying this
man and his works for nearly eight years, and he is my favorite storyteller
of all.

my prescription: drop the fifteen bucks and brace yourself. this album is
*much* mellower and resolved than his older work (The Boatman's call is
mostly piano centered), and a bit more pallatable to the newbie, to be sure.
The Boatman's call also has Cave seeking Christ and even reconciliation. when
you're ready for more gutsy writing and music, just step back chronologically
to his older, more tormented and unflinching language of violence and love. i
haven't found this kind raw passion anywhere else...

and his voice...

Artist: Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
Album: The Boatman's Call
Song: Are You The One That I've Been Waiting For?

     Are You The One That I've Been Waiting For?

          I've felt you coming girl, as you drew near
          I knew you'd find me, cause I longed you here
          Are you my destiny? Is this how you'll appear?
          Wrapped in a coat with tears in your eyes?
          Well take that coat babe, and throw it on the floor
          Are you the one that I've been waiting for?

          As you've been moving surely toward me
          My soul has comforted and assured me
          That in time my heart it will reward me
          And that all will be revealed
          So I've sat and I've watched an ice-age thaw
          Are you the one that I've been waiting for?

          Out of sorrow entire worlds have been built
          Out of longing great wonders have been willed
          They're only little tears, darling, let them spill
          And lay your head upon my shoulder
          Outside my window the world has gone to war
          Are you the one that I've been waiting for?

          O we will know, won't we?
          The stars will explode in the sky
          O but they don't, do they?
          Stars have their moment and then they die

          There's a man who spoke wonders though I've never met him
          He said, "He who seeks finds and who knocks will be let in"
          I think of you in motion and just how close you are getting
          And how every little thing anticipates you
          All down my veins my heart-strings call
          Are you the one that I've been waiting for?

"No God up in the sky
No devil beneath the sea
Could do the job that you did, baby
Of bringing me to my knees"
Nick Cave - Brompton Oratory
<{---o<(\,- Sïr Edwård Jäy, thæ Sêcönd öv Härnïsh -,/)>--o---}>
	      ^v^	^v^	^v^	ICQ #13819982	^v^	^v^	^v^
        http//members.aol.com/jaharnish2/index.html