Re: goth

>>i suppose if your definition of goth is accurate then it really doesn't
>>mean anything at all.  just as alternative no longer means anything.
>>goth has nothing whatsoever to do with the
>>music itself and only to do with your personal preferences.  in that
>>case there is not even really any point in discussing it at all.  my
>>apologies, i was understanding goth (as relating to music) as having
>>some real characteristics or something along those lines.  now that i
>>see that it is not really anything i will be more careful in my
>>statements in the future.
>>eric

> Ivvah, didn't I send you some Goth info? Would you like to forward it to our
> polite friend here? Gardner, Jay, would you guys like to help me out? Since I
> don't exist, I can't be of much help here, can I?

I ignored this because I figured it was pointless trying to explain to
someone who's obviously pre-biased using any sense of reason.  I figured
it's best to just drop this thread.  Since (I believe) I started this whole
thing by saying that I catagorized (if you can) OtR as Gothic Folk, I feel I
can end it by expressing this definative explanation of Gothic Music:

I think HITLER would have been a great modern goth.

Thank you.

Have a good evening, and please drive thru.

Gardner.

--
    "Entropy comes from physics.  It is the assertion--established logically
and experimentally--that the universe, by its nature, is "running down",

-Malcalypse the Younger, "The Principia Discordia"