Re: Re: goth

In a message dated 4/2/99 2:51:56 AM, Eric.Sparks at axom_com wrote:

>i suppose if your definition of goth is accurate then it really doesn't
>mean anything at all.  just as alternative no longer means anything.
>goth has nothing whatsoever to do with the
>music itself and only to do with your personal preferences.  in that
>case there is not even really any point in discussing it at all.  my
>apologies, i was understanding goth (as relating to music) as having
>some real characteristics or something along those lines.  now that i
>see that it is not really anything i will be more careful in my
>statements in the future.
>eric

Now that I've ceased to exist, I guess my life's going to be MUCH easier! No
taxes to pay! Yay!

Ivvah, didn't I send you some Goth info? Would you like to forward it to our
polite friend here? Gardner, Jay, would you guys like to help me out? Since I
don't exist, I can't be of much help here, can I?

Eric, my best advice to you would be to find a Goth club and go look. Listen.
If you'd like, I'll send you some playlists of DJs-- if I regain my corporeal
existence. Then you come back here and say Goth isn't really anything. I
believe I said it was broad and encompassed many things-- not that it was
diffuse to the point of meaninglessness.