Re: Re: goths and OtR

All I know is, I'm a Goth, and I listen to Over the Rhine.

G-d, I feel like I'm at an AA meeting or somesuch.

At any rate, I showed up looking Gothy, and they didn't pitch me out on my
little pointed ears. No one yanked my nosering/chain out, no one told me to
stop dressing for the damn funeral, no one told me to cheer up. (Not that I
didn't spend both evenings looking completely blissed-out on the music.)

So I guess I was allowed to function as a completely self-contained human. An
individual. Alone as I chose to be (though I wasn't). Which, when you come
down to it, is pretty darn Gothy.

Besides which, "Poughkeepsie" is all about suicide, so that definitely makes
them Goth.

Whoa. I have been up WAY too long. Even Drew's abed. Night, all.