More on Canal Street

Hey y'all...

For the last 72 hours or so, I've been trying to figure out how to put into
words all the experiences of this past weekend in Dayton, but the more I try
the less I succeed.  So much has already been said by others, thru both prose
and poetry, with an eloquence that I can't expect to be able to equal, so I'm
not even going to try.

More than anything, I want to thank all of you listies that I had the honor of
meeting for giving me an extraordinarily memorable time.  As others before me
have indicated, OtR's performances were wonderful, but it was the joy of
seeing faces and hearing voices, of shaking hands and exchanging hugs, that
made the trip worthwhile.  I just regret that the many miles that separate us
may very well mean that I'll never have the chance to see you again.  I never
dreamt that leaving Ohio would be such a melancholy experience.

Thanks to all of you:  Chris, Lindsey, bink, Gwendra, Jay, Bruce, Nikki, Kyle,
Dan, jg, Gardner, Drew, Eric, the Neds-Foxes, and lurker Amanda, wherever you
are.  (and any other listies I may have met, but am failing to recollect at
the moment)

Most importantly though, many, many thanks to the wonderful Megan.  As I told
you innumerable times while I was there, I'm completely indebted to you for
everything you did for me and helped me out with.  I would have been
foundering in the dark, lost in Dayton, had it not been for your willingness
to lend a hand and a smile.  I only hope I can somehow repay you for your
kindness one day.

Goodnight everyone.

Steve
oncleboo at aol_com
"We know 'good enough' is a thousand miles from grace." --  OtR