Re:babble in pews (or on the barstools), in the dark AND True Statements... AND change of perspective

Hi,
I went to the show Saturday.  It was a very difficult time getting there
because it seemed as the odds were working against my little group.  As I
stated in a previous post that I had tickets that I was very desperate to
sell. Another listie Becca, said she would buy them, so I re-e-mailed her
and said I would be at CST at 8 or so.  Well I should have never stated at
time when I would be there because anything that could go wrong did go
wrong.  One of my friends was supposed to arrive in Oxford to meet me at
5:30 so we could go to dinner. She fell asleep at her house in Cincinnati
and did not arrive until 6:30.  However by that point my significant other
had eaten a bunch of Girl Scout cookies and declared that he was no longer
hungry. While he was gorging himself on cookies, he noticed that all the
liquids in my refrigerator were fuzzy looking.  Everything in my
refrigerator froze and a couple things expanded a cracked so I had a slushy
mess to clean up.   Finally she arrived and we set off for the restaurant it
was a 20 minute wait… after terribly slow service in the restaurant we were
finally able to drive to Dayton – I made it in an hour so we got there at 9.
I felt very badly that I was not able to be there at 8 and am very sorry
that I inconvenienced Becca, I hope you were able to get tickets some other
way.  When we arrived, it was just by luck that I was able to sell my
tickets on the way in to the concert.  However, when we go inside it was
packed… I knew there was a reason I wanted to get there early.  We had very
interesting seats they were on the left side of the stage on bar stools so
every time anyone wanted to get to the stage we had to move.  Nevertheless,
it was interesting for while we did not have a front view of OTR.  The side
we were on was particularly interesting because of the location.  I could
see almost everyone there and, it was interesting to watch people listening
to the music and between breaks to people watch.  As well as to listen to
different conversations going on around.

People watching… I must apologize for not introducing myself I was very
tired, frustrated, and tired by the time I got to CST and needed to make
sure my friends did not feel offended in some way since I invited them to
the concert.  I lurk on the list and in public, sort of…

Ysobelle- you were the first person I saw as soon as we walked in the door
of CST very dramatic and you have a lot of the same actions as a friend of
mine. By the way, I loved your outfit.
Lynzie- very interesting liked the way you have your hair, and the dress.
Brian G- I sat right across from you part of the show.  I found your book
choice to be very interesting as it is on one of my books to read list.
Jay – I recognized you from the picture. By the way, you are on my ICQ list.

Bink – it was so much fun to watch you, the consensus in my group was that
you are too cute especially in that kilt!  It was nice to meet you and Maria
had fun talking to you.
Bruce- It was so nice to see you again. As always….

Things I saw / Comments I heard…
Saw some one in a KMFDM T-shirt, who and what does it stand for?
A guy with a fluffy black pony tail.
Lot of people : )
If I were only 10 years younger…..
Do you have a sister who’s about 28???
Like a Radio!
God, I wish Terrie were here
Why don’t you sit under the Woody Gurthie poster.
Lots of people with drawing pads
Many people with books
Lots of people really enjoying the music.
Many people seeming to identify with the lyrics especially Lucy.
Lots of people holding hands
People so hypnotized by such wonderful music a bomb (figuratively speaking)
could have gone off beside them and they would not have noticed.
Many people really enjoying their beverages / cigarettes.
Lindford watching Karin and Jack

My own thoughts on the show…
I loved it so much! I almost totally agree with the Andrew Vogel analysis of
the show.

Bothered...from BESIDES.  I am sorry I know there are people who swear by
the eve version, I really can’t get into it (if you have any suggestions,
please tell me.  I really did not get in to Every mans Daughter until Jan
pointed out some things in it to me.)  seems too slow or something to me.
But this was so good to hear.
Goodbye – is this an original song of OTR’s? My friend and I thought we had
heard it somewhere before that was not an OTR concert possibly.
Circle of Quiet – we were very excited to hear this one!
Lucy – this is one of my favorite OTR songs very interesting to how it
effects the audience.
Faithfully Dangerous – This was just totally awesome I loved it. One of my
friends who was supposed to go but didn’t, I was trying to sing it to her
like they did. I just could not do it justice what so ever, not that I could
even if I were trying to sing it normally.
Jack's Valentine – I totally agree with Andrew on both of these songs it was
just spectacular!

More Thoughts…
I was sitting listening to this wonderful music and contemplating the fact
that this was awesome just sitting here with people who like Over the Rhine,
people who would find any way to see the concert.
If they signed on a big label would we be able to see them in that type of
setting?
Would we get that close to them as we do now? Or instead be relegated to 10
– 15 + feet away?
Every time someone went to the stage, because the aisle was so narrow, they
bumped, tripped, brushed against us and mumbled their apologies.  Would that
happen if they were signed to a big label?
Oh probably but not as often.  I think that if all possible, they should
take the Ani D’Franco path and produce etc. their own CD’s. I am sure this
is a monumental task and one that is very chancy. Any business is.

I wish I could have meet jg and everyone else
I wish that my life were not so hectic (I could post more often to the list
then, have time to paint, read, study the subject I am taking in a more in
depth level and so on.  If I had more hours in the day my life would still
be hectic, at least I have the things that matter most in life, health,
family, love, friends etc.  I really am rather privileged I should just
thank God for that.)
I wish I could see OTR play more…

Later
Debbie