Re: This Header is dumb (was Re: This is dumb)

--- krystyn wells <eisllew at email_msn.com> wrote:
> Hm!

> I've been reading posts for a couple years now, and
> generally make
> judicious use of my delete key. I can only see the
> phrase HTH! a few times
> in one day without rolling my eyes. I like the
> discussions when they're
> actually OTR-related, but it's admittedly hard to
> wade through all the
> clique-y banter that gets tossed around on this
list.

as one who constantly tosses banter around in a cliquey
manner, i have only to say that i agree with you
wholeheartedly. i joined the list b/c of the cliquey
banter, but i'm not so stupid as to think that everyone
enjoys the banter.

and cliques are always going to be unfair to
outsiders.

> It wasn't an ignorant response to me. It may have
> offended *your* delicate
> sensibilities, but to me it seemed an honest
response
> to an honest question.
> I think if Linford's going to ask something of us,
he
> should be prepared to
> take the good and the bad. Duh.

amen.

> My reason for posting at all is that I am really
> discouraged and
> disappointed with all you gooey-eyed fans that turn
> make camp amongst
> yourselves, nudging each other and saying things
like
> 'who is this boffo
> anyway? .. who let him in?' I suppose you're just
> kidding. That would make
> it safe, eh?
>
> But it's nonetheless a lot more disappointing to
read
> than the original post
> that sparked this petty snottiness.

i know some of the list aren't going ot like this, but
krystyn has a point...

gardner's post was annoying and his attacks on the list
unwarranted, but i think krysyn's criticism of our
sarcasm is valid. being a reguler listee, i recognized
bink's rmeark as very good-naturedly binkish, but i can
see how not everyone will- and to someone not in "the
clique" it could be read as snobbish.
not to jump all over you, bink. i know you meant no
harm. but i guess when part timers like gardner attack
us, we could be a tad less cliquey for a moment...

my resonse to garnder will be post later, when i have a
moment to think.

but beware garnder. the post is coming. and *my*
reponse will not be veiled under any well-meaning
sarcasm.

here's a preview:

anyone who uses the word "faggot" is a jerk.

more scathing critique at 11.

john.