Linford and listies...

one. I do have a question. how is Linford going to check up on these when
we don't even get the anouncements posted to the list? ;-)

teasing of course. Again, in case anyone read my steaming email in response
to another, I say that I am pleased and refreshed that Linford would even
think about posting such a email. One, reading more of his writings are
always a blessing, and getting to know them a smidgen more is also always
appreciated (seeing as I am one of the few that can't get to see them in
concerts... :-( but hey, one of these days)

And I am glad becuase it has brought up a lot of OtR related material on
the discussion list! (of course, everyone knows that I like it all)

okay. onto more of the subject I suppose... We are simply fans. and we fans
are funny aren't we. I remember the course of the conversations on the
group when we first heard that you were offered this 'big name' company
backing. and yes, there were a few qualms, but in general everyone was
thrilled. and now look at us, we listies have suddenly gotten very
opinionated (which we are all very good at) and we are coming up with more
and more reasons to feel the way that we do... me included!

Um, so basically what I am saying is I know that all the listies can agree
on at least one thing, we will back you up and support you no matter what
you choose to do. and it's true that the decision ultimately remains in
your hands, and most likely the things we are saying now aren't helping or
having too much of an effect on your decision. But, hey, I know *most* of
the listies can also agree that we all feel excited to be asked our
opinion. and here is why. becuase I know of NO OTHER group that I have been
a fan of who has EVER stopped to ask my opinion or share from there heart
with me... It helps us to see that you care for us... and whether or not it
will make a difference in your decision. it makes a difference in our
hearts and makes us more loyal to you...

so the question you presented leaves us contimplating alot of things. and
dreaming about alot of things. the possibility that it will be easier to
get CD's, the possibillity (here is a dream of mine) that international
tours might open up since right now I, a US citizen, reside in Romania...
and several others thoughts follow.

I am a newer (I suppose) fan of OtR. And yet, I find myself right in with
those who have been fans for years... And I fought and struggled to get
ahold of my CD's. First Patience, then TWHF, then the others all emerged...
And part of me would say "man, it would be awesome to go into a record
store and find any OtR CD I wanted" but then another part of me would be
sad, becuase part of the joy was the chase. I was hooked at half listening
to OtR in my office, and then the chase began and continued, but I have now
conquered it (thanks to Jessyka for the final! it came in the mail today)

Then we come to the side of the coin most want to suggest. and here is my
opinion. you will adapt your music, becuase in writing you focus on your
audience to some degree and though I think everyone in the world would love
OtR I have also seen that's not true... there are age differences and there
are other things. so depending on what age this company focuses on
targeting will (most likely) hinder your artistic freedom. sad, but that is
the case in the majority of cases that I am aware of.  it might slip in
ever so subtly... but one day you might look back and wonder what happened.

I am behind both decisions, so I am in no way helping. LOL I think it would
be an awesome opportunity... but I also think you have done VERY well
gathering fans on your own and through your former fans...  but, I want to
say, which I am sure most of us would say... I am glad you asked, and I
will constantly be in support of your decision. so rest and be at ease,
when thinking of us it won't truly affect us... we are yours as long as you
allow us to be. And others, well that's up to you...

Amy