Made my first converts, I think

In all this talk of the hardcore celebrating a hometown show, I
thought I'd share a simple tale of playing OtR for a couple of friends
for the first time.

Last night, my roommie Brooke, her friend Josh and I were watching
chick movies ("GI Jane", ick, and "Silver, Nevada", a movie that tries
to be profound but winds up kinda stupid - Featuring Veronica's
Closet's Kirstie Allie and Kathy Najimy) and listening to weepy
romantic music (mostly Sarah McLaughlin). I stuck in Good Dog Bad Dog,
and we just sat there transfixed through the whole thing. When it was
over, Brooke kept playing "Latter Days" while Josh and I made french
fries on the stove. Now I gotta figure out how they can get copies,
cause they both want it, and they don't want to do mail order.
Everyone else I know who likes the band have all been turned on to
them in the past. This is cool.

ObOffTopic: I just got my headlights fixed today, actually, it was an
electrical problem I was afraid was going to cost more than my '82
Toyota Corona was worth. But it only cost $85 and took less than an
hour. Now I'm celebrating by playing Moby's "Honey" at extreme volume
while doing the full-tilt pogo dork dance in my living room.

BSC