Re: listies and the 'remove' people

---Paul Christian Glenn <cirhsein at firinn_org> wrote:

> This is just a casual observation, but I'm on a *lot* of lists, and
I've never
> seen so many people (and so frequently) requesting information about
how to get
> off a list.  Now, one of two things inevitably follows:
>
> 1) Over the Rhine fans are uncommonly stupid, or
> 2) Instructions about how to un-sub from the list are not clear
enough, or perhaps
> not easily found

i *must* protest at your flagrant misuse of dialectic with little
regard for logic...

if, as you say, a lot of people want to get off this list and can't,
then OtR fans must be uncommonly stupid.
this doesn't logically follow. firstly, you have *no* sample of how
many OtR fans successfully unsubscribe, since they never say anything
and we can't count them. secondly, you don't know for sure that
"common" stupidity doens't include computer illiteracy. thirdly,
perhaps *you* are uncommonly smart. fourthly, perhaps the nature of
this list produces more desire to unsubscribe. the few other lists
i've been on usually stay to topic more than we do. but i *like* our
rambling....

then you say that perhaps the instructions aren't clear enough. i read
'em. they were clear to *me* (but then i might be uncommonly smart
too... doubt it though.)

john.