Re: Spreading the word!

> Well, there's "somewhere in the black mining hills of Dakota..." from
> 'Rocky Racoon' by The Beatles
>
> "Four dead in O-hi-O' - CSN&Y (? I think?)
>
> 'Sweet Home Alabama' - Lynyrd Skynryd
>
> 'Carolina' - Phish
>
> "Oooooooo-klahoma where the wind goes sweeping down the plain" -
> Rogers & Hammerstien
>
> 'My Old Kentucky Home'
>
> "But I have to get to Texas" - Tori Amos 'Black Dove (January)'
>
> 'California Girls' - Beach Boys
>
> 'Vermont' - Cursive
>
> 'Mary Jane's Last Dance' by Tom Petty refers to Indiana
>
> 'Michigan Blackhawk' by The Monkees
>
> 'Nevada' by Pere Ubu on _Cloudland_
>
> 'Florida Bus' by The Bassholes
>
> 'Jesus Just Left Chicago' by ZZ Top mentions Mississippi
>
> 'Georgia On My Mind' by Willie Nelson
>
> 'Tennessee Boogie' by Zeb Turner

i 'll add:

"mississippi and the cotton-wool heat..."

u2- 'heartland.'

"there is this silence in the badlands and over kansas the whole
universe will spill"

rich mullins- "calling out your name"

"blue kentucky girl"- emmylou harris

"waltz across texas" -emmylou harris

"new york, north cackalaky (north carolina) and compton"- a tribe
called quest- "scenario."

 "if you might come to california, i think you should"
-counting crows, "long december."

"california dreamin,"
the mamas and the papas

that's all i can think of right now.

john.

np- the promise ring, "nothing feels good"