Re: Re: Stuffing The Ballot Box

Well, the first time I saw Over the Rhine....

Y'see, I had to go because Jenn had to go, and she had to go because her
friend Anthony was going because his girlfriend, Melissa, was in Rosewater
Elisabeth, who were opening for OtR, so I guess they sort of HAD to go, too.

Got it?

I thought it a bit odd at first it was in this sort of church basement type
thing-- not that churches in Florida have basements, of course-- but since I
wasn't going to drink, anyway, it didn't matter much. They were yummy straight
up. I won Patience, and that was sort of the end of that. Well, actually, I
didn't have a CD player, so I couldn't listen to it until much later, after I
got the hell out of Florida, thank G-d. Not thank G-d I had to wait-- thank G-
d I got out of Florida. Anyway, I didn't know, either, that they were a
"Christian band" (ahem). I didn't hear THAT speculation until I got here,
which was, I think, right after I saw them again in Southampton, PA, on the
Double Cure tour. I signed on soon after, and thus figured out why the second
show had been in a church basement, too.

So the only holy illumination that brought me to OtR was Karin's voice. Which
is, I think, enough for me. That, plus the fact that she brought Willow to
that first show, and I'm a dog fanatic.