Re: dnoty

In a message dated 12/8/98 12:16:21 PM Pacific Standard Time,
Eric_Schumacher at stercomm_com writes:

> rhinelanders...
>
>  has anyone else put DNOTY back into their heavy rotation? since Coal Train
>  and ALLTTA are on HUSH, i never think to put in DNOTY... well, that plus
>  the fact that it's been in the upper 60's here in Ohio since well before
>  thanksgiving and hasn't felt much like christmas. it's in the lower 40's
>  today, and... boy, i forgot what a wonderful disc this is...
>
>  merry christmas,
>  eric.

I can't say that I play DNOTY any more frequently at this time of year for
several reasons.  First, it never feels like Christmas here in southern
California, and second, I actually prefer to listen to Christmas music during
the summer.  Something about removing the songs from all the attendant
Christmas hype makes the them far more appealing at that time of year.  I am
curious though what Christmas albums all of you would recommend besides DNOTY.
Personally, I really enjoy Bruce Cockburn's "Christmas", but I haven't found
too many others that look like they're worth buying.

Steve
oncleboo at aol_com
"I alternate between fantasy and the cold hard truth, I oscillate between the
cool and the uncouth; but I resonate to the piercing eyes of God I sought in
my youth." -- The 77's