What a funny show....

I just got home from the Chicago stop of the Cowboy Junkies/Over The Rhine
tour. The set was the same, Karin wore brown, Terri's hair was down,
Linford wore black, (why does everybody mention these things?).

The setlist was the same, Karin gave Jack a very knowing look when he
started his guitar solo in All I Need Is Everything.

I've got a new favorite between song quote from Karin: "We've been demoing
and such. That's just blah blah talk for we've been working on new songs."

The fun part of the evening was that it was the last date of the tour with
the full band, and the Junkies tried to sabotage the set (and Karin and
Terri tried to return the favor during Cowboy Junkies' set).

First off, I talked to Brian after the show and he said that the band came
out to find their setlists gone and a list of a bunch of Led Zepplin songs
instead.

The best part, though was during Goodbye. As soon as Karin started into
the first verse of the song, a couple of *ahem* very well-endowed women
came on stage and started to dance. Karin could barely stop laughing, but
Terri didn't miss a note.

I'll trade my entire OtR tape collection for a video of tonight's show
(and that is a serious offer).

I hadn't seen them for several months before this show. I agree with the
other people who have said they're sounding better. The new songs have
been fleshed out a lot since the last time through Chicago.

Jeff