Re: Over-The-Rhine Digest V2 #314

Ok, another newbie to add to the list.  I live in the
suburban sprawl north of Detroit, Troy to be exact.
It's not an exciting place to be, but no one likes
the town they have to live in with their parents
until the necessary fundage accumulates to leave.

Anyway, it's always been pop to me.  This was
seriously tested while living in Germany and coming
in contact with army brats referring to "soda" and
"coke" (for every flavor of pop).  However, I have
retained this particular piece of slang.  For the
person who wondered what it was in German, everything
is "Cola" regardless of flavor.  Gotta love that
bilingual thing.

Oh, yeah, this is an OtR thread, isn't it?  I loved
the (way too short) show with the Junkies at
Meadowbrook last month.  I turned yet another friend
onto OtR, but I have to say that GDBD is a bit of a
disappointment.  It isn't Eve, that's for certain.
Of course, I am predisposed to their older material.
It was quite an experience to see their first show at
C-stone lo those many years ago.  The sound cut out
when they were ready to start, people waited for an
hour, and they finally went on accoustic.  Amazing.
I've been a fan ever since.  Is anyone going to the
MI Theatre show?  I'm afraid I may be overextended,
with Depeche Mode and Garbage in the same week.

Carol

Sent by RocketMail, free e-mail for the planet.
* Visit & explore Cybersmith at http://www.cybersmith.com
* Get your web-based e-mail at  http://www.rocketmail.com