Re: Alternative?!

I agree, Mr. Aharnish.  :)

97X in Cinti (Oxford for you purists) does a pretty good job at playing
some alternative music still, regardless of "cool".  Definitely not the
"must play this alt-hit 10 times today" mentality going on there.  Lots
of album tracks, obscurities, lesser knowns.

Alternative (by definition, at least the way I understand it) is
anything not played on traditional music outlets frequently; alt rock
was in the top 10 markets for the first time in 97, so a lot of Pearl
Jam and the ilk are by the wayside from that label.  A vast majority of
those alt.rock stations have turned into exactly what they started out
being against; a big collective of alt.hit churning machines.

Mr. Emery, "Jump*" -- whatever!  :)  There's a lot of
over-classification in music nowadays.  I think we can pin this to OtR's
self proclamation of being "pseudo art folk polish rock techno pop" or
whatever from the Faces CD.

Bruce