Re: My lost youth

On Thu, 8 Oct 1998 white.ce.2 at pg_com wrote:

> [...]

     reminds me of being like,7 or 8 when it came out...ahhh...the days
     when I knew what my natural haircolor was...OK enough of this babble.
     Byebye!

    or 14 whe that album came out.

>>> Hell, I was 17 when it came out! And I thought I was getting on the U2
    bandwagon rather late. You're all a bunch of whippersnappers as far as
    I'm concerned.

>> Yeah. We're crotchety old men, Brad. :)>  Was _TJT_ the first U2 album
   you got? I didn't get into them until _War_, so, by the "mainstream"
   standards, I was early. By bigtime U2 fans, I was way late...

> Good grief, am I the oldest listie on here?!  TJT was a college graduation
> gift I bought myself.  All this talk has made me dig out my old Psych Furs,
> Jesus + Mary Chain, and The The discs!
>
> Charlotte

	"this is sure stirring up some ghosts for me" -- robbie robertson

	wow, excellent choices all!  the the, psychedelic furs, simple minds,
jesus + mary chain, etc.  music is indeed a common language.  hakuna
matata, charlotte, we are about the same age. (you are not alone.)  brad
and layne, i agree with you.  _war_ was my entrance into the music of U2.
what an amazing album!  anybody remember frankie goes to hollywood or dead
or alive?

	over the rhine content ... the cowboy junkies with over the rhine
will be playing at the michigan theater, in ann arbor, on november 8th, at
7:30pm. (sorry to use the m-word, chris.)  anybody interested?

	hth, ciao--vc

np:  eno/cale  _wrong way up_

Follow-Ups: References: