Re: Lurker :)

At 02:41 PM 10/5/98 -0500, ~Mareesa Orth~ wrote:
>Yes, I admit it...I lurk and I lurk early and often. I think I may be one
>of those strange people who really really loves GDBD but has a very hard
>time getting into Eve or Patience. I like TWHF, too...but after hearing
>everyone rave and rave about Eve/Patience, I must admit they don't do much
>for me...I don't think they sound anything like GDBD. *Shrugh*...just my
>humble whatever :)
>
>Mareesa

I think that is one of OtR's greatest accomplishments....that none of their
CDs sound the same.  The old stuff doesn't sound like the new stuff, and
that means that the band, on a whole, is growing and maturing.  How boring
would it be if all of their CDs sounded the same?  We don't need another
band like *No Doubt*.  (Yeah, they're cool, but all of their songs sound
the same!  Why bother listening to them?)

Here's a tip...put in _Eve_ or _Patience_ on repeat, and listen to them
several times in a row.  Once you get a feel for the music you learn how
beautiful it actually is.  It took me some time to get interested in them,
mostly because I wasn't familiar with any of the songs, or even the style.
I had heard them in concert and bought GDBD, and those were the songs I
knew.  But then, when I became familiar with these other CDs, I grew to
like them for what they were worth.  Give them some time...they grow on
you.  And, as a side note, it took me a long time to really get into _Eve_,
which a lot of people jumped down my throat about (Mr. Emery).  Everyone
has different tastes, but definitely give the other CDs a chance.  It's
incredible that we have a group like this to listen to that plays with such
diversity.

*hugz and kisses*
Jessyka

Follow-Ups: References: