re: @ good band alert

Bruce said:

>One of the bestest bands you'll ever see, dada, put out a CD on 8 Sept
>called "dada"; it's their fourth (after Puzzle, American Highway Flower
and
>'The Sublime' for us gringos).  It is AWESOME.  They sang the crappy hit
"Dizz-
>Knee-Land" in '92 from what I thought was their best CD, their first.  The
>new one has been in my player for three days straight now, and it kicks
some
>major binkmeister harry ass as well.

I'll second that!  I was a bit worried after El Subliminoso, but the new CD
is great.  I just saw them last Saturday here in Denver, *great* show.  I'd
recommomed 'em.  They're definitely going through a bit rock star phase -
it's quite entertaining!

>9/26 Dayton, OH - Sneakers

Anyone know where this is?  Just curious...

>9/27 Cincinati, OH - Blue Note Cafe

Saw them there a few years ago.  Great show, interesting experience.  Watch
out for rocker chicks with long hair....

>The web can be used beyond that.  They're a three piece band, their sound
is
>alt rock without being stupid.  Hmm.  That's not a very good description.

I'm not that good at describing either, but other songs that have gotten
airplay are Dorina, All I Am, and Bob the Drummer.  HTH

>Juliana Hatfield plays Sudsy's on Wednesday (30th) in support of her new
CD,
>"Bed".  I went into Sudsy's a few weeks ago and they were tearing out the
>"bleacher" section in the center.  Pretty peculiar, but I'll give ya a
small
>report after next week's show.

My friend just saw the Afghan Whigs "secret" show at Sudsy's two nights
ago:(  One of the few things I miss about Cinci......Where's a good rock &
roll laundry bar when you need one??

Bye!  Dawn

NP:  They Might be Giants _Severe Tire Damage_