my first OTR dream

Hey kids,
     Well it finally happened to me, I had my first OTR dream last night.
It started with me driving in
my car through Bloomington, IN when I happened to drive past a storefront
for a student-run radio
station.  Through the large plate glass windows I could seen a couple of
overstuffed easy chairs with
"help wanted" signs taped to them.  This piqued my curiosity so I pulled
over and went in.  I sat and
talked with the people inside about what I could do.  As I talked to the
lady in charge (she had a
goatee (sp?), no idea what *that* means), she told me the goal of the
station was to eliminate the local
alternative-shifting-to-mainstream-adult-pop station from the marketplace.
I was all for that and signed
up as a DJ.  As I met the rest of the group, I started to notice various
record displays of the type you'd
see in a record store.  One in particular was for Over The Rhine.  It was a
stand-alone cardboard case
that had 2  columns of 5 shelfs to stock cds into.  It was empty, so I
could see the picture at the back of
each shelf.  They were all the same group photo of nearly every member that
OTR's had, all standing infront
of an old house.  Linford, Jack, Ric, Mike, Terri,  Brian, and maybe one or
two I might not have recognized.
Wade was missing and suprisingly, Karin wasn't in the picture either.
     As I looked at the picture, it started to move.  I couldn't hear
anything, but the members of the band
started to talk to each other.  The two I noticed right away were Linford
and Ric in a very animated
discussion.  As Linford turned and walked away from Ric, I was suddenly
transposed into the picture.  I stood off
to the side and watched as the others continued talking and Linford walked
further away.  I asked Brian
where Karin was and he said she was in the house.  Then, with a chorus of
cute "aawwwwww"'s, we all noticed
a fuzzy black laborador puppy walking along the front porch railing.
Somebody said "It's Karin's dog, Henry!"
Mike picked him off the railing and held him for a second, then offered him
over to me.  As soon as I took
him, he started howling.  I tried cradleing, rocking, and petting him but
he wouldn't stop.  I was so embarrased.
Brian politely took him and set him back on the porch.  He had started to
whine and howl to a particular tune
which I thought I recognized as Fleetwood Mac's "Hold Me".  Once I
recognized the song, I turned to my
friend, Jody, who I hadn't noticed standing next to me, and said "There's a
mambo lost in there, somewhere.",
referring to the song.
     With the dog still causing such a scene, Karin stepped out of the
house onto the porch and asked
what was going on.  I think she had been sleeping because she came out
rubbing her eyes and seemed
a little groggy.  As she stepped up to the railing, she bent down to pick
up Henry and he stopped crying.
When she did this, we all began to applaud and the dream fadded

     Any ideas? Any interpretations?  I rarely remember my dreams at all,
and it's rarer still that I remember
one well enough to recount to anyone.  Anyways, it's out there now, there's
enough weirdness in it that I'm sure
some of you will have fun with it.

later,
AaronB

np:Alan Parsons Project - Tales Of Mystery And Imagination (mobile fidelity
vinyl)