Re: dreams...inconsistant angel things...

back in May 97 I had a dream that involved a fictional otr cd.  the
front had (hmm, blurry now) the band all kind of relaxed and draping
over the furniture in this oil painting of a blue room.  and on the back
of the cd there was a woman with long brown curls all done up, in this
greenish-blue silky gown.  she was turned away.  that back cover is
still beautifully vivid.  and there was the listing of songs back there.
numbered 12 and all in lower case, but many were untitled, and those
were left blank.

I remember taking the cd out and listening briefly to the beginnings of
the songs, but only the last one stuck with me.  "baltimore" - about a
girl that was beautiful but trashy.  hung with the wrong crowd.  and
there was a video of sorts.  her and a guy on either side walking down a
street at night, then all of them sitting in that blue room and you knew
what was in their heads.  her boyfriend thinks she's sleeping with his
friend over here.  and friend over here is lusting for the slatternly
beauty.  but she knows she's been faithful.

all I remember lyric-wise from that song is "fire for art and art for
fire" - which made perfect sense in the dream.  "fire for art" like she
was so lovely one could burn all the beautiful art in the world and it
would be ok.  and "art for fire" because she sullied up her looks and
was basically "throwing her beauty away".  not that I go for that kind
of thinking.

anyway, it was an upbeat, fast-paced little number and I still remember
the little tune that went with the lyrics above, but not once did the
song mention - or even hint at - the word "baltimore."  I guess that's
just where it took place.  maybe her name, I don't know.

anyway, it's been a while since I've thought of that personal little otr
treasure o' mine, so thanks for reviving it for me.