Pop music

If they hired an image consultant, that would be pretty disappointing to
me, but changes I see in the group just make common sense. Almost all
bands have a frontman, (or frontwoman, as the case may be) Acts like
Barenaked Ladies (who have 2 frontmen) are the exception- not the rule.
Maybe that's something they picked up along the way. Or maybe they just
took their new manager's advice.
And what's wrong with pop music? I've heard a few of their new songs,
and they are just as brilliant as the older ones. And they're not THAT
different. Somebody posted that they wanted OTR to go back to the pre
GDBD sound. It doesn't work like that. Music is different now.
Influences change. You can't go backwards. Bands that do end up playing
oldies festivals and rib cook-offs.
The constant impression I get from OTR is that they are a living,
breathing musical entity that seeks to be vital. To remain vital means
that you must be willing to experiment. That doesn't mean jump on every
bandwagon that comes along, but to be willing to step out a bit.
So I'm not worried until they come out with a ska tune

Greg