Re: Mine hang to the left...

In a message dated 8/10/98 10:58:41 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
lachey at bright_net writes:

> Obviously I'm talking of the live kittens dangling from my ears; if I'd
>  have them to the right, that would surely incite debate.
>
>  Anyway, Steve, Nik, Chris, group:
>
>  I was thinking of the sheer varyance of human types that comprise the
>  OtR fan-base.  Sure, we're almost all white.  We're nearly all educated.
>  Upon closer inspection however, it seems we're easily the most diverse
>  fanbase of any band I follow.  To wit:
>
>  Comprised of ultra-right to ultra-left,
>  scholars from east and bums from west,
>  some that duly eat their green eggs and ham,
>  and envious vegans chew on soya spam.
>
>  From those devout and those without,
>  computer geeks and lesbians there are in clout,*
>  from palest wicca to those with tans,
>  comprise the average OtR fans.
>
>  Honestly though, can anyone else think of a band with such a strange mix
>  of alterna-fans and religious types, etc...?

Bruce,

Your point is well taken.  I appreciate the variety and depth of opinions
(whether they be political, religious, social, or other) amongst members of
this list.  Believe me, I have no intentions of fighting with other listies
about whose political ideology is superior, I just felt that Ysobelle's
vilification of the "Radical Right" was unwarranted, especially given the
diversity of the list.  Perhaps I should have responded differently and less
defensively to what she said, but I obviously can't undo that.  I do apologize
though to all who may have somehow been offended by my response.

Steve
oncleboo at aol_com
"We know 'good enough' is a thousand miles from grace."