Re: northern spy

> i thought it was pretty silly to be honest--a few of linford's words of
> wisdom
> and a concert listing we got via email some time ago...

I for one was disappointed.  I felt that Linford had fallen into the
category of "obligatory writing".  I know he feels he owes us 4 northern
spies and this is just like fullfilment of some kind of contract.  Now
don't get me wrong.  I'm fully aware that the CJ tour is eating up lots
of his time.  I'm also fully aware that he could have just wiped the
slate clean last December and cancelled everyone's memberships barring
repayment of fees.  So I am grateful for what I'm getting, but I'm still
disappointed.  The first NS was invigorating.  I remember thinking that
if we were going to have to give up random newsletter mailings and
effectively receive less correspondence that this would definitely be
the way to go about it.  Long pages; open, honest musings; travelouge
perspectives if you will.  But that somehow died.

So, although I'm not jumping up and down right now.  I'm a little
optimistic that after this first "tour of duty" things will hopefully
liven up, Linford's faith in society will improve and we can get more of
what we're used to.  Ya think?

BTW one thing I was impressed with was the 3 cd offer.  I had no idea
that there were anymore eve's around.  much less a quantity of them.

Also I didn't know of any new poster.  The last one I saw was the "21
reasons to pray for snow" poster.  Where did you see it, Jan?

Follow-Ups: References: