Re: Schuba's 6/6/98

>Thanks for the review Jeff!

>Your mentioning the "acoustic possibilities" part of the setlist, even
>though they didn't play any at either show; which would be rhapsodie,
>paul and virginia, like a radio, and my funny valentine (drawn as a heart
>shape on the set list). I think I 've heard this last one, but I can't
>remember where and I can't remember what it sounds like. If someone could
>give me any hints: what it sounded like, what OtR "era" it was played in,
>etc. I would appreciate it. I think I remember Bruce saying something
>about it at the show?

'My Funny Valentine' is a jazz standard from way back.  I don't recall
seeing it on any of the recent set lists, but Karen & Linford
might have done it at the New Year's Eve bash at the York St. Cafe in '96(I
 think?).  They played as a duo and intermixed
several older standards with thier own material.  Very hip show now that I
think back on it.  A lot of vocalists have done this
song, I suggest Chet Baker for my favorite.

later,
AaronB