Re: Passion...

On 3/4/04 11:24 PM, quoth the effervescent
youaremorethanyouthinkyouare@yahoo.com at
youaremorethanyouthinkyouare@yahoo.com:

>All in all, I thought Mel Gibson presented the work
>well.  He did the best he could to his human and
>flawed ability and has risked being persecuted for the
>truth.  And he has been.  What will be interesting to
>see will be what happens next....
>
>That's it,

Unless he was somehow there at the time-- and I've seen a lot of
crucifiction paintings, and I gotta tell you, I didn't see him in any of
'em-- I think it's more accurate to say he's being persecuted for _his_
version_ of "the truth." He's also being "persecuted," if you want to
think of it that way, for his often flippant and callous attitude towards
those who expressed concerns before the movie was released.