Re: SoCal

Well,  what do I know. I'm an Oregonian, and they
teach us in school that California is the ninth circle
of hell. No, not really. But there is quite a bit of
biased up here about Californians (though not on my
part). I personally believe it is a combination of
jealousy and local pride (err, ah, insecurity).
;-)

Actually, it has to do with a lot of Californians have
moved up here because of low property values (thus
raising the property value to a point where many
cannot afford a home of their own). But that should be
all the reason why Oregonians (specifically
Portlanders) should love the Californians who stayed
away. What can I say, Portland is a very insecure
place. Insert joke about the womanizing, drug abusing
group of thugs known as the Portalnd Trailblazers.

Anyway, I'll try not ti use the term Cali (though some
habbits are hard to break).
--- So Briquet <Sobriqet@webtv.net> wrote:
> I believe that "the Southland" is a common term used
> in southern
> California.
>
> NP->"It Never Rains In Southern California"- Trent
> Summar And The New
> Row Mob
>
> "I think there's an innocence about the midwest that
> walks hand in hand
> with a kind of mental illness..." Linford Detweiler
> 1993

=====
Century follows century, and things happen only in the present.
-Jorge Luis Borges, "The Garden of forking Paths"