RE: Is Brownstone still around? (OtR content added)

    I saw Kim Nixon (from Brownhouse) play last friday, 02/13/2004, at
York Street Cafe in Newport Kentucky, just across the river from
Cincinnati.  She was the first of three openers for Matt Murray's CD
release party.  The other openers were Ashley Peacock and Ryan Adcock.
Everyone was great.  I think that Kim's first song was in French.
I wish that her voice had more volume on the house mix.  She sings well
so I expect that she will continue to sing for a long time.

    Brian Kelley was the drummer for Matt Murray.  Brian is one the
original four Over-the-Rhine.  His photograph is third from the left
on the Actwin web page for Over-the-Rhine, along with Karin & Linford
Detweiler, and Ric Hordinski.  Karin & Linford were silently in the
audience.  Matt's CD cover is a photograph of him by Michael Wilson
taken on the day of the Cincinnati riots.  You can see the photo at
Matt Murry's web site at http://www.mattmurraymusic.com .  Michael
Wilson photographs are used on Over-the-Rhine albums and on many CDs
by famous artists.

    The next night, Valentine's Day, Ric Hordinski played as lead
guitar for Kim Taylor Band, along with Kim Taylor, Josh Suerkamp
on drums, and Amos Heller on bass.  Her web site is
http://www.kim-taylor.net/ .  I saw some listees at her show:
Kylie, Mariessa, Dave R., Michael from Indianapolis, and I think
Jeff Grantham if I got the name right.

--a a