Re: Re: Re: dem primary

On 2/6/04 3:51 PM, quoth the effervescent petert@interchange.ubc.ca at
petert@interchange.ubc.ca:

>Mark Steyn would argue it's New Hampshire, at least.

If we're going to get anecdotal, we can use West Philly as an example,
too.  Everyone has a gun there, too. And lots of people get shot.

Responsible gun owners aren't the problem, which is something the NRA
doesn't seem to care about. They want everyone to have guns. Fine. When
they can guarantee me that everyone who has a gun is a fully-trained,
law-abiding citizen, I'll be fine with it. Until then, I'm all for doing
whatever it takes to lower the number of guns out there. And no one, I'm
sorry, NO ONE outside law enforcement needs the hi-tech, high-caliber
guns the NRA seems to think it's perfectly fine for anyone to buy.
They're dealing in the theory of gun use, but some of us are living in
the reality of kids getting shot by stray bullets in drug wars.