Re: dem primary

On Thu, 5 Feb 2004, Drew Johnson wrote:
> Particularly with the bits on guns in Canada . . .

Oh man, Moore's romanticization of Canada is outrageous.  If you want to
see what we Canadians think about our ghettos and our health-care system,
just watch Denys Arcand's Oscar-nominated _The Barbarian Invasions_
(nominated for Best Foreign Language Film and Best Screenplay), or the TV
show _DaVinci's Inquest_ or Nettie Wild's documentary _Fix_, which takes
place in Vancouver's squalid Downtown Eastside, widely regarded as one of
the poorest and most drug-infested neighbourhoods in North America.

--- Peter T. Chattaway --------------------------- peter@chattaway.com ---
Nothing tells memories from ordinary moments; only afterwards do they
   claim remembrance, on account of their scars. -- Chris Marker, La Jetee