Re: [OTR] RE: York Street tonight...

> I arrived in time to see him brought in and placed in his
> mother's arms. I recall that she said, "Hi."

I remember saying "hi", too, and feeling kind of silly about it...  but
when you finally get to meet the being you've been carrying around inside
you for nine months, it's hard to figure out what else to say.  :)

Right, what else would you say? Still just amazing, makes me start to imagine what having a child must be like. Hadn't really had much reason to consider it before. You see the Time-Life photos of the baby in the womb, you hear the general stories, but it's like a fable of the national consciousness. Until it's personal--like so many things, good and evil both. Put this almost into the "never thought it would happen to me," realm, though obviously it *didn't* happen to me. But Rachel... Seems not so long ago I'd have to babysit her after school, and when she didn't get her way she'd pack her little Cabbage Patch Kids suitcase and get ready to run away. Then a great scramble to make up ridiculous stories and make laugh, against her will--convince her to stay. And now...

Well go listen:
http://www.satelliteroad.com/sound/amdon.mp3

Amazed,

Nathan