RE: Over-The-Rhine Digest V5 #434

In answer to this....
* I check my personal emails maybe thrice weekly, so the Digest for me is a
better fit. Thus do I lurk.
* Downside of lurking is my response to this thread is 2 days late.
* I was on the regular email list back in the day (1995 or so) when I
checked emails every day. Now, I have other facets of my life to give
attention (my wife of 1 1/2 years, house, overtime on the job, house,
adult-type errands, house), so the Digest works better for me.

If the medium changes, I hope you'll let me know how and when. Thanks...

PS: if OTR is playing on the radio and it's snowing 3 - 5 inches, you are
obviously not in Boston. Damn this snowless existence; it's so freakin'
boring....
--------
>>> Just out of curiousity...
>>>Why, exactly, would someone join an email list,
>>>remain on that list for years,
>>>but never participate in community that evolves out of the list...

People who do this are called "lurkers"...they subscribe to the list because
they find something of value on it (things like concert reviews in my case).
This doesn't mean that they wish to wade through everything else though, or
establish lifelong friendships.  Everyone is entitled to their own level of
participation.