Re: what makes a bad friday commute ok

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 wrosesongs@fastmail.fm wrote:

> hearing over the rhine played on your local radio station

mmmm that would help!

my commute was not very long.

but VERY cold

getting colder.

> need coffee,

peppermint tea?

> ps - why do slow drivers travel in the fast lane?

because they CAN.

funny story:

i was driving the speed limit. heading into town, road becomes one way.

beat up pickup truck on my tail, guy wearing stocking cap, hunched over
the wheel. it looks like he has somewhere important to be, because he
keeps getting closer to me. finally he passes me, so i slow down a bit so
he can pass (plus i'm getting ready to turn left onto my street).

he zips in front of me, and slams on his brakes so hard there's steam
coming from them. he waits. turns around and looks - i think he was hoping
i'd rear-end him or something.

lucky for me, i was already slowing down.

i think he was wacko.

i seem to inspire that in other drivers.

rhys