Re: The real Mennonite Name Game(TM)

On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 Impetuousfink@aol.com wrote:
> I have no idea what names are Mennonite.
> Enlighten me?

We had a thread on this a while ago -- on the eastern coast of the United
States, it's common to have names like Yoder and Lapp (and Detweiler!),
whereas in Canada, we tend more towards names like Sawatzky (my mother's
maiden name), Derksen (her mother's maiden name), Bergen, Neufeld,
Klassen, Thiessen, Epp, Toews, Wiens, Dyck, Balzer, Janzen, and so on.

--- Peter T. Chattaway --------------------------- peter@chattaway.com ---
Nothing tells memories from ordinary moments; only afterwards do they
   claim remembrance, on account of their scars. -- Chris Marker, La Jetee