RE: Carrboro, 8 Dec 2003, Go Room 4

Thanks for the report.  I think we could talk a long time about those
vowels.  I wasn't aware of this until recently but Joni Mitchell said that
she picked up some different vowel pronunciations when she was hanging out
with Nash/Crosby/Stills/Young (especially Nash).  To me (a middle-aged guy)
that's just old-school, good manners for a singer.  What simpler trick to
help a listener lock into the WORDS than to change a soft "uh" into a long
"E" like James Taylor does, eh?

I'm thinking of the "AMATEUR SHORTWAVE RADIO" version of "Ruby Tuesday".
It's far more than a cover because of those vowels.  Over time, I'll
probably write many screens about this topic.

Lama
np: "Diamonds on the Soles of Her Shoes" from Paul Simon's GRACELAND.  Hey,
what do you want?  I told ya I'm old-school.

Benjamin Torbert said,