RE: The Perfect Gift

From: Jason Neely <bondibox@bellsouth.net>
To: over-the-rhine@actwin.com
Subject: The Perfect Gift
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2003 17:33:32 -0500

Just a reminder to all of you who plan to give someone a copy of Ohio for the Christmas...

The band hardly sees a dime when you buy the CD at Borders.
They get about half (I think) when you buy it from http://www.pastemusic.com/product/606

Forgive tyhis opff-topic rant, but Borders employess at their flagship store in Ann Arbor, Borders, Store #1, voted for a union last year 54-4 and since that time the company has steadfastly refused to negotiate. The employees are on strike for a basic living wage--some of them have worked there for 20 years--and to KEEP, not improve, the health benefits they already have. Don't believe me? Go to www.bordersunion.org for more info. Support Paste at OTR and boycott Borders until they settle. But this is just my sentiment as an Ann Arbor resident, an OTR fan who knows chains rip off bands, and a pro labor union person.

Thom Jurek