RE: christmas music

Rhys rote:

p.s. don't stop now! now's your chance to change how someone views christmas music! i'm open to suggestions

I'll take this one...I actually dig Christmas music.

Last year I discovered the Harry Connick Jr. Christmas disc. 'When My Heart Finds Christmas' - not the brand new one. I'm not a Harry fan at all. But this one just seems.....right. Me thinks he tries too hard to be Sinatra and he just ain't, but this one comes mighty darned close.

This year...don't laugh...I discovered the Jewel Christmas cd. Once again, other than her first cd, I don't care for Jewel at all. But my roommate is a big fan. I took a chance and listened and was amazed. It's beautiful. Her voice actually sounds good. Good vocal arrangements. Probably one of the best versions of 'O Holy Night' I've heard. Simple...and Nice.

And I would be remiss if I didn't mention Michael W. Smith's first christmas cd. The one with 'All Is Well'. It's gorgeous. Not just a hodgepodge collection but more of a cohesive Christmas unit if you will. The boy is a gifted musician who keeps his real talent hidden under the corrupted cap of conformity.

Just a thought...

Kelvin

Do I contradict myself?
Very well, I contradict myself.