RE: OTR Taft Brunch

>>So...anyone else wanna host it? Bru-Say? Anyone?

I will not be there, but why don't y'all have the 1st Annual Over the Rhine
Taft Tailgate Party?

Tailgating is fun.

Somehow I suddenly imagine small clumps of people huddled around hibachi grills for warmth in the corner of a parking garage, with the attendant wanting an extra fee (or at least a sandwich) and a policeman yelling about the public consumption of alcohol and fire codes from inside his cruiser (he's coming to the show but will only get to park for free if the attendant thinks he's on duty--he's staying in the car cause he's wearing khakis and a pair of Vans). But the attendant's sticking around because the meat froze on the trip in and the hibachis barely have enough heat to thaw it, let alone get any cooking done. So a few heads-up folks use one of the platter-high guard rails as a heat shield and pouring on starter fluid, even though the fire's already going, which only results in some scorched mittens. The only person who's eating is the guy who brought his own potato salad (sorry, not enough to share); sadly it's so cold out that when he tries to lick off the fork, his tongue freezes to it. So now they're trying to bend his head over the hibachi, the policeman's in fits, but rolls up the window when someone comes over to talk to him, and the attendant's saying "You know, tongue really isn't that bad if you rub it down with seasoning salt," ignoring the twelve cars that have pulled in without paying. It's more people come to the party, but all they've brought is a catering tray of baked beans, into which our man of the frozen fork promptly dunks his head, and the grill owners are arguing with the lady who'd volunteered to bring an electric grill that could hook up to her car battery but was asked to hide when the cop pulled in because she was stealing batteries from other cars.

And so forth. But then sometimes I get carried away.

Nathan