For the foodies...

Hey y'all...

Normally I wouldn't bother the list with something like this, but since it's kinda slow today I figured I might as well give it a shot.

As you know, Thanksgiving is approaching rapidly.  Over the last several years, it has fallen upon me to create, among other things, some sort of soup for my family's Thanksgiving dinner.  I've done a variety of pumpkin soups and butternut squash soups in the past, but would like something different this time.  So my question for all you foodies out there is do you have any suggestions for a good, seasonally appropriate soup?  I'd prefer it to not be terribly heavy and it can't have any fish/seafood due to my mom's allergy to such things.  Otherwise I'm open to all suggestions.

Thanks...

Steve
oncleboo@aol.com

np:  eastmountainsouth - eastmountainsouth

"Anyone who thinks he has a better idea of what's good for people than people do is a swine." -- P.J. O'Rourke