[monk@fuse.net: monk Cd release]

    From: monk@fuse.net (mr monk)
    Subject: monk Cd release
    Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 10:46:07 -0500

    hello everyone,

         welcome to glorious autumn.

       i don't mean to be terse, but i have a lot of information that i want to
    let you in on. some live concerts and the CD release party for my new
    record.  you know, it's funny how things work. i've been recording and
    making records for a little while now. so sometimes, it's a bit easy to not
    really listen to your own music. (don't be confused, i'm not one to be
    listening to Quiver while eating breakfast..) but my newest little offering
    came about in an unusual way. i had been recording the songs over  a period
    of years, not weeks (the more usualy fashion.) so it gets hard to keep any
    kind of perspective. like all my creative endeavors, i have to be tricked
    into getting it done. it just doesnt' work for me to say "ok, today i'm
    going to make a record." so a week or so when i was working on a promotional
    dvd, i had a bit of Any Second Now (the opening cut from the record) on the
    speakers, i had one of those rare moments of not realizing it was my music.
    i was caught with my prejudices down.  i have to confess that for those few
    seconds i really liked it. is that embarrassing? maybe. but it gave me a
    little spark of hope that perhaps since most of us are humans,  you all will
    like it too. i had help from some great friend (josh seurkamp, david
    labruyere, brian kelley, david torn.)

       so consider this an invitation.

    here is one place you can buy the record
     http://www.pastemusic.com/product/670

    please come help me bash a bottle of champagne across the bow THIS SATURDAY.
    here is a special offer: if you are driving more than 100 miles to see this
    show, email me and i will try to put you on the guest list!

    CD RELEASE PARTY: SATURDAY 15 NOVEMBER

    York St. Cafe
    859.261.YORK

    http://cincinnati.citysearch.com/map?mode=geo&map_lat=390893&map_lon=-844934
    &id=4342435&fid=2&cslink=cs_profile_tabs_map

    MORE CONCERTS
    18 NOVEMBER-NY, NY- KIM TAYLOR BAND- ARLENE GROCERY- ARLENE-GROCERY.COM

    21 NOVEMBER-GRAND RAPIDS MICHIGAN- SCHULERS BOOKS AND MUSIC 6:30 PM

    22 NOVEMBER- LIVONIA/DETROIT MI- THE TRINITY HOUSE THEATRE-7PM
                                    WWW.TRINITYHOUSE.ORG
    28 NOVEMBER-CINCINNATI, OH -KIM TAYLOR BAND WITH THE PSYCHODOTS AT THE
                                    SOUTHGATE HOUSE, NEWPORT, KY
    13 DECEMBER-INDIANAPOLIS, IN- RIC SOLO WITH DAVID WILCOX

    19 DECEMBER- SPECIAL AMBIENT CONCERT - DETAILS TBA.

    ichion jobutsu.

    ric

--
Bill Keith, WSDP Radio, Plymouth-Canton Schools