Re: Over-The-Rhine Digest V5 #346

When is the best time? And where? I should clarify--
where in the U.S. that a girl could get to in her Honda? I'm in
Philadelphia, and the only lights I see here are from the neighbouring
airport. Not very romantic at all, alas.

Do they sing, the Lights? Or do they merely speak to you?

Well, you want to check them out in the winter - because it's darker then. Esp. the further north you go. And you can certainly take your Honda to Haines, Alaska - we drove here in our Subaru.

By all means stop by! My wife, Anna, is the innkeeper at a B&B, where we live. Just drive northwest till you hit canada - (mind you, don't bring any weapons of mass destruction) - and then drive till you hit Haines Junction. Then drive south till you hit the US border (if you've picked up any WoMD while in Canada, ditch them before the border). Then keep driving, and you're here. It should take you at least a week of solid driving. It took us a month, because we relaxed quite a bit, and we travelled all over AK before settling down.

The lights - do they sing or speak? They sing and speak to your heart, I think.