Re: Geist Says

In a message dated 10/24/03 5:21:35 AM, Owner-Over-The-Rhine@ActWin.com writes:

Subject: E Geist says:

> only a lunatic drives into nyc  :)  then again, i've
> been known to do it occasionally.

Driving in and around NYC isn't that hard as long as you know where you're
going and as long as you're capable of driving as or more aggressively
than Joe Yankee.  However, I'd recommend that anyone who drives to NYC more
than once annually get EZ-Pass.  I love EZ-Pass.  It shaves of somewhere
between 20 minutes and half an hour from DC to NY.  At least in my
experience.

It's not the driving in NYC that is the problem, it is the parking.  Free parking is hard to find and paying for parking is expensive.

We had to go into midtown recently and park on the street at one of those "meters" which handle a whole side of the street and you fill with quarters.  I forget exactly what we paid, but I know it was a least $10 for a couple of hours.

This is after you have already paid $6 ($5 w. EZpass) for the tunnel.