AVL show - OtR at Stella Blue 10/17

Stella Blue has a cavernous space in front of a stage.  Twinkling white
Christmas lights, people sitting/standing pretty much on the floor.  Me
and S were lucky enough to get two chairs over by Paul (nee 'neo-Jack',
yay, I know his name now).  They might have been 6 chairs in the whole
joint.

At least 100 people there, maybe 200.  Enan and Delopolous opening again.
At times Enan sort of reminds me of The Sundays (hit song: Wild Wild
Horses).

Before the show we got to talk to Chris the videographer again.  She
sounded like the DVD project would be done about springtime or so.

1 - BPD: Immediately clear that K is in great voice, better than PHL
	possibly
2 - Spinning: First time I've heard this live.  Paul on Sitar.  Shalay
	said she counted at least 7 different instruments that he played at
	one point or another.  At the end, K sez "I just had to get that
	out of my system."
3 - Bothered 3.0: Huge drums, Paul loud treble on guitar, K cradles self
	in own arms as if cold.
4 - Show Me: L even Hammond-Happier than in Philly.  K looks slightly
	pained during second verse.  The rocky version is better than the
	poppy album version.
5 - Anything at All: Karin says very kind words about the lovely couple
	they met at dinner.  Yay!  (We're eating at that restaurant on the
	corner of Patton and whaterver the cross street is, and in waltz
	K&L & Paul & Will Sayles and I think maybe Spinarski).  Karin
	likes my wife's hair.  (Join the club, Karin!)
	Paul lots of portamento on the guitar.
6 - She: K sings even angrier than usual.  I think I've heard this song
	live 4 times now.  Paul's first big solo tonite--he was featured
	much less than in PHL.  Lots of bass too and lots of L on the
	Hammy.
7 - N#1: Crowd gets into it.  Up to this point, they've been subdued,
	certainly in comparsion to the Philly crowd.  K no guitar, L on
	piano not Hammy, different guitar solo for Paul this time.
8 - Cruel & Pretty: (by request).  L looks very pleased with K.  It is at
	this point Shalay looks at Paul (steel guitar) and goes "how many
	things does this guy play?
9 - Suitcase: Fast tempo.  Paul on b-up vocals, as he has been
	intermittently.
10 - All I Need - Tons of bass.  K busts out with the artistic vowel
	breaking.  God I love that.
11 - Professional Daydreamer: Orchestrated same way as E1 in PHL.  I like
	the way she sings "breakneck speed" live.
12 - Ohio: Works well after 11 b/c K stays at Piano.  K sez song is about
	"about running away from your own mistakes" and then later
	"embracing them."  As in PHL lots of rubato, and "Va-loo-rie."
13 - Orphan Girl - K sez first time they've done it on this tour.  Two
	instrumental solos, Paul first, then L goes butt nutty on the
	Hammy.  At the end, someone says "do that one again."  K's
	rejoinder: "that one we didn't write."
14 - World can Wait: Lots of distortion.  Paul does extended jam with a
	pig or something I can't identify.  God this is a versatile song.

E1 - My Love is a Fever:  Paul provides good seasoning.
E2 - LLB: First I've heard of this live.  Paul on slide guitar.  Good with
	full band.  K sounds utterly broken on "low cost dumping ground."

Other tidbits: K tunes her guitar in such a way that it psychs me out each
time because I think Jesus in New Orleans is coming, but it isn't.  L wore
a big red-orange polka-dot shirt.  They said one of the others had
commented "what does it look like when it's turned off."

We bought the vinyl.  It's an interesting feel.  K sounds better than the
CD; the intsruments sound better on the CD.

See some of y'all in Cincy if we're lucky, or maybe Baltimore.

BenT down in EnCee