Re: iTunes

>It's available for Windows now, so go get it.
>
>http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/
>
>To make this on-topic, it's nice to see that OtR has both GDBD and FFR
>available through the iTunes Music Store.
>
>What seems odd to me is that the albums each cost more than $10.  I was
>under the impression that the absolute highest cost for an album through
>the iTunes Music Store was ~10 per CD.  Oh well.  I wonder if/when OHIO'll
>be available...
>
>-Smitty the Apple Phreak

IIRC, Apple encourages the $9.99 album, but it's not a requirement. However,
the cost of a full CD can't be greater than$.99 x the # of songs.

I think the iTunes store is very cool, but I haven't bought anything there
yet. A CD at Everybody's is barely more expensive, and I can rip at whatever
bitrate I choose, now and in the future. I might grab a few singles after
reading through the celebrity playlists, though.

For first-time iTunes folks, especially those with large mp3 libraries,
definitely try out the Smart Playlists. Tons of great possibilities. For
instance, I have a SP that selects 25 songs that haven't played in the last
week, have a track number higher than 6, and last less than 6 minutes. If
you dislike a song that pops up, just delete it and a new one takes its
place. Or, delete all the songs in the list, and iTunes pulls up a whole new
set. Cool.

Beware the iPod, though. Like Tivo, once you get used to having your entire
CD collection in your pocket, you'll never want to lug around your CDs
again.

Nathan