Rolling Stone / Kim Taylor / Ric's CD / Fav Shows / DC show

*1*

Jeffrey wrote about ROLLING STONE:
>Why does the (sadly) most prominent music magazine
>still ignore Over the Rhine? I'd love to hear what
>they'd say about 'Ohio'.

first off, Rolling Stone is a shit magazine, not a
music magazine.  if you want to read about music,
you get Spin, CMJ NMM, Alt Press, Blender & Paste...
yes, Blender rocks... mucho reviewos.

secondly, Rolling Stone is a shit magazine.  who
cares what RS thinks of RS?  i don't.

%2%

Nathan wrote about KIM TAYLOR, RIC, and FAV SHOWS:
>yall might remember reading about ric's gig with
>kim taylor this past weekend. i snuck down there
>friday night before going to the old college
>reunion.  great show. hear me gently when i say
>that this is my favorite show this year.

yeah... Kim rocks... with or without Ric.  though
Ric is a definite plus.  Kim's CD with G-Jack at
the helm was wonderful... i can't wait to hear what
effect Ric's magic has on the new one.

get Ric's new one (When I Consider How Long My CD
Titles Are Spent) from Paste.  it's bueno.  and it
took a total of 72 hours from ordering until it was
in my CD player.  Paste is redeemed.

my favorite show this year has probably been... hmm
... either the Noctaluca (Jason Ludwig), Ash Peacock,
Maery Lanahan show at York Street or the Over the
Rhine show at Coney Island.  Noctaluca rocked my face
... oh wait... Radiohead in Cuyahoga Falls was pretty
kickin', too...

Glen Phillips at Top Cat's is coming up, plus Travis
in NYC, plus more Noctaluca/Ash/Maery in Nov, plus
OtR @ CST & Taft are still coming up this year.

#3#

Bruce wrote about NINE WORDS LESS THAN THIS:
>Juniper Juniper Icky Icky Treat Me to Fun Week...
>Who's all going to the DC show?

sadly... not i nor mrgrita.  me heading off to NYC
the potential day after getting back from DC would
have been a crunch.

electric aunt jemima,
Dan

np: frank zappa - uncle meat