[monk@fuse.net: new recordings and website]

    From: monk@fuse.net (mr monk)
    To: monk@fuse.net (a-g), venusmission@fuse.net (andrea rosenthal), andy@rocketownrecords.com (andy peterson)
    Subject: new recordings and website
    Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2003 12:50:55 -0400

    hello everyone,

        i'm sorry that it has been so long since i last wrote to you all.  it's
    been an dizzy-ing, exciting few months.

      i'm more in love with the stuff of life than i can ever remember.  sharing
    my life with my wife and two small humans is so big that sometimes i have to
    just sit down to take in the tiny grandeur of it all. i just heard someone
    say that a certain philosophy is to "be an extraordinary person living an
    ordinary life." what more can i hope for?

        (big breath here)

        there are so many things that a shy person like me wants to say at
    moments like this.  i'll try to keep it as prosy as possible.

    1) i have a new record out.  it's called "when i consider how my light is
    spent." it's being put out my a little label called "paste records" out of
    atlanta. you can order it from me or from www.pastemusic.com. (order early
    and often.) it makes a great gift, too.  i had help from so many people, but
    a couple of highlights are my friends josh seurkamp on drums, david
    labruyere (who's out on tour with john mayer) and a great guitarist named
    david torn, who helped me with the big picture..

    2) i have a new website.  http://www.richordinski.com   it's still under
    construction but there are some new alleys to peek down. let me know what
    you think about it.

    3) i'm playing a few live dates this fall:

    november 15th york st-cincinnati ohio- cd release party-859.261.york
    november 21th schuler's books-grand rapids michigan-
    november 22nd-trinity house theatre- detroit michigan.

    more to come. let me know if we should come to your town.

    4) we had a bunch of our gear stolen. you can see the list at the new
    website. if you are in the midwest, please check it out. no condolences
    please. it's just stuff. but we are, none of us wealthy and we'd love to get
    some of it back... thanks.

    5)  (first of all thanks for reading this far...) bill mallonee once said
    "everyone has a secret, they're just dying to tell."

       and please keep in mind that i've never done this before... but...i'm
    playing guitar for a very, very special singer named kim taylor. she's from
    some land between billie holiday,  patsy cline, fiona apple and the best
    bits of whatever music i have ever been involved with. it's been a long
    time.. but when this band plays, a song ends and we sometimes look at each
    other and laugh because we're all trying to remember how to breathe again...
    sometimes we don't look around because it just feels too intimate to share.
    my favorite drummer, josh seurkamp plays drums and a remarkably well read
    and handsome young man named amos heller has been holding down the bass end
    of the spectrum. i really can't explain to you how good this band can be.
    we are playing a concert THIS FRIDAY at the YORK ST cafe in Newport
    Kentucky. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE come to this show.  there is a very special
    thing happening at these concerts.

    thanks for listening.

    cheers,

    ric hordinski

--
Bill Keith, WSDP Radio, Plymouth-Canton Schools